Search This Blog

Thursday, November 17, 2011

cycling nutrition

People often ask me what to eat before a race or trainnig. I would say, don't change your diet abruptly. If you like some snacks don't give them up all. I will tell you what I do before my usual training. Generally I eat an hour before I start cycling. I eat some bread with jam and butter and a croissant with a cup of coffee. Sometimes instead of a croissant I eat a bowl of cereal. Then I ride for three hours. (it's important to eat during the training however if you are fit enough you won't need anything. I don't know any professional cyclists who eat before they reach 100kms). When I come back I drink a protein shake and then a usual lunch, some meat, potatoes or rice and salad. At about 4/5 o'clock I have a cup of coffee and a few biscuits. For supper some ham, cheesee, bread and butter without to many sweet things. However when I have a race the day before I eat lots of pasta and I try to eat pasta three hours before a race starts too. During a race I always eat. It's something different. You ride faster, you are more stressed and that is why you need more energy so I always take some energy bars with me. And don't forget drinking. Take some isotonic drinks. They will help you to keep strength throughout the race.

No comments:

Post a Comment